About an hour ago, the folks at Apple got to the part of the day’s presentation that I was waiting for, the new iPad.
Since I wasn’t invited, I’ve been following Sam Grobart’s (of the New York Times) live blogging from the event.
You’re doing a great job Sam!
I feel like I’m there!
First thing’s first.
It’s called, “The New iPad.”
Do these guys know how to name a product or what?!
Next, it’s got all the bells and whistles folks had hinted around plus a butt load more:
- high-resolution Retina Display with 2048 x 1536 resolution
- a more powerful processor – the Apple A5X quad-core chip
- iSight camera, with a 5-megapixel sensor and face detection
- Video recording at 1080p and image stabilization
- Voice dictation (=Siri???)
- 4G LTE wireless capability
Finally, it’s being released March 16th!
And pre-orders are being taken today…how much money do I have in my account?
So there you have it.
The New iPad will be here in 9 days.
Now who’s planning on camping outside of Apple to wait for one?